Sunday, March 20, 2011

Three Birthdays in Heaven...

Today we celebrated our little Owen’s third birthday in heaven. And although there have been tears, there has been joy in this day. Our beautiful Owen is such a gift and such a treasure. And although we miss him desperately, we are so blessed that he was, is, and will forever be our child.
This morning we awoke to a perfect, cloudless dawn. A birthday gift to us from our precious baby boy. And from that moment on, I could feel him with me today. With me as we bundled his little sister into boots and coat and trundled across the dewy grass toward his graveside. With me as the cold and frosty morning gradually gave way to the warmth of the afternoon sun, on this – Owen’s birthday, and the first day of spring. And I felt Owen with me as his grandparents and aunties and uncles and cousins gathered around his graveside, laying bouquets of flowers, children chatting in happy tones. And as his little sister chased bubbles across the wet earth, squinting to watch those that floated lightly heavenward.

Yes, it was a beautiful celebration today. Beautiful because we got to celebrate our little boy. To embrace his life. And to teach his little sister about the joy that we see in the life of her big brother. And as I watched the sparkle in her eyes as she opened birthday presents and dug little fingers into birthday cake, I could only imagine the sparkle that must be in Owen’s eyes at this moment as he celebrates his birthday, healthy and free of pain, in the presence of Jesus in Heaven. How I miss you, my little birthday boy. How very, very much I love you…
For those of you who could not join in our celebration today, a little journey in pictures…
Gifts for Owen's Sister and Cousins...
Cakes for Each Family Celebrating With Us...
Flowers for Our Sweetheart...
Three Birthdays in Heaven...
We Love You, Our Precious Baby...
Happy 3rd Birthday Owen.
We Will Love You Forever.

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully written and the photos are wonderful. My heart aches as yours does many hugs and I will follow you on your journey :|

    ReplyDelete